Terms of Access & Use
Last updated: May 18, 2020
This website (referred to in these Terms of Access & Use as the Website) is owned and operated by Edge Alerter ABN 79 463 965 912, who is referred to in these Terms of Access & Use as “we”, “us”, “our” and similar grammatical forms.
By accessing and/or using the Website you agree to and accept these Terms of Access & Use. You must review these Terms of Access & Use carefully and you must immediately cease using the Website if you do not agree to these terms.
If there is any inconsistency between these Terms of Access & Use and our Terms of Service [insert hyperlink] and Disclaimers [insert hyperlink], our Terms of Service and Disclaimers prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.
1. Use of material on the Website
- Except for the limited use set out in clause 1.1(b) you must not use the Website, or the material contained on it, for any purpose including without limitation:
- the reproduction of the material in any form;
- the distribution of the material in any form;
- re-transmission of the material by any medium;
- uploading or reposting the material to any other site on the internet; and
- “framing” the material on the Website with other material on any other website,
including directly, indirectly and by derivation or adaptation.
The above are unlawful in any jurisdiction and are specifically prohibited by these Terms of Access & Use.
- Despite the above restrictions on use of the material on the Website, you may download material from the Website for your personal non-commercial use provided you do not remove any copyright and trade mark notices contained on the material.
- You may not modify or copy:
- the layout of the Website; or
- any computer software and code contained in the Website.
- We reserve all intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyright in material or services provided by it. The material provided on the Website is provided for personal use only and may not be:
- re-sold or re-distributed in any form;
- stored in any storage media; or
- re-transmitted in any media,
without our prior written consent.
1.2 Links to other websites
- This Website contains links to sites on the internet owned and operated by third parties and which are not under our control.
- In relation to the other sites on the internet, which are linked to the Website, we:
- provide the links to other sites as a convenience to you and the existence of a link to other sites does not imply any endorsement by us of the contents of the linked site; and
- are not responsible for the material contained on those linked sites.
1.3 Disclaimers – General
- We are making the Website available for use without assuming a duty of care to users. We are not in the business of providing advice and give no warranty, guarantee or representation about the accuracy, reliability or timeliness or otherwise, of the information contained on the Website or linked sites on the internet.
- To the full extent permitted by law we disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, regarding:
- the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or otherwise of any information contained or referred to on the Website or of any linked sites; and
- merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose for any service or product contained or referred to on the Website or on any linked sites.
- We will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profits or any damages of any kind recognised by law (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss of profits or damages) which are the consequence of you:
- acting, or failing to act, on any information contained on, obtained via or referred to on the Website or any of the linked websites; and
- using or acquiring, or your inability to use or acquire, any service or product contained or referred to on the Website or any linked sites.
1.4 Disclaimers – Errors, delays etc
- We do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation that:
- the Website, or the server that makes the Website available on the internet are free of software viruses;
- the functions contained in any software on the Website will operate uninterrupted or are error-free; and
- errors and defects in the Website will be corrected.
- We are not liable to you for:
- errors or omissions in the Website, or linked sites on the internet;
- delays to, interruptions of or cessation of the services provided in the Website, or linked sites; and
- defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of the Website,
whether caused through our negligence or the negligence of our employees, independent contractors or agents, or through any other cause.
- You agree to accept the full cost of any necessary repair, correction and maintenance of any of your computer software or hardware, which may be necessary as a consequence of you accessing the Website.
1.5 Limitation of liability
Clause 1.3 or clause 1.4 may not apply to you in jurisdictions in which limitations on or exclusions of warranties or liabilities are not permitted by law. To the full extent permitted by law our liability for any implied warranty or condition is limited, at our choice, to one or more of the following:
- if the breach of an implied warranty or condition relates to services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again; and
- if the breach of an implied warranty or condition relates to goods:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of such goods; or
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or having the goods repaired.
1.6 Use of personal information gathered
- We and any people or legal entities authorised by us may gather and process the personal information:
- which you may provide when accessing the Website, such as your name, address, e-mail address and other personal information about you; and
- regarding the way in which you use the Website including, without limitation, information acquired through the use of “cookies” delivered to your computer when you access our Website.
- We may authorise others to offer you goods and services using the information acquired, as described in clause 1.6(a).
1.7 Termination of access
We may terminate access to the Website at any time without giving any explanation or justification for the termination of access, and we have no liability for any costs, losses or damages of any kind arising as a consequence of terminating access to the Website.
1.8 Alteration of Terms of Access & Use
If we decide to change these Terms of Access & Use, we will post those changes on this page. If you continue using our Website the updated and amended Terms of Access & Use bind you.
1.9 Intellectual property rights
All logos, icons, brand names or service names that identifying the owner and operator of this Website are our copyright property or our trade marks or service marks. All other trade marks or service marks on this Website are the property of their respective owners. You must obtain written permission before reusing any copyrighted material that is published on this Website. Any unauthorised use of the materials appearing on this Website violate copyright, trade mark and other property rights or legal protections and may result legal proceedings.
1.10 Relevant jurisdiction
- If any part of these Terms of Access & Use is found to be void, unlawful, or unenforceable then that part will be deemed to be severable from the balance of these Terms of Access & Use and the severed part will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- These Terms of Access & Use will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of New South Wales, Australia.
- You agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia to determine any dispute arising out of these Terms of Access & Use.
2. Uploading material or information to our Website
2.1 Uploading information
You represent and warrant in relation to any material or information you provide to the Website that:
- you are authorised to provide the material or information;
- the material or information is not defamatory or a malicious falsehood in relation to any product, service, person or corporation;
- the material or information is not the “passing off” of any product or service and does not constitute unfair competition or infringe the rights of any person or corporation;
- the material or information does not infringe any intellectual property right including, but not limited to, trade marks, service marks or business names (whether registered or unregistered), confidential information and copyright; and
- the material or information does not infringe any legislation or regulations of the Commonwealth of Australia and the State of New South Wales including, but not limited to, the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), the Australian Consumer Law and any other legislation.
2.2 Licence to use intellectual property
By uploading any material that is protected by intellectual property rights including, but not limited to, copyrighted works and material other than works, trade marks and service marks on to the Website, you are granting us a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and payment-free licence throughout the world to:
- reproduce, use and exploit the intellectual property, as part of the Website or our services and products, to the full extent permitted by intellectual property law in any jurisdiction; and
- allow us to sub-licence others the same rights granted to us in clause 2.2(a) above.
2.3 Removal of information
In relation to any material or information included on the Website, we may remove any material or information, including but not limited to links to other sites on the internet, at any time without giving any explanation or justification for removing the material or information.
2.4 Limit of liability
We and our respective officers, employees and agents have no liability for any costs, losses or damages of any kind, which you may incur, arising whether directly or indirectly from your use of our Website including without limitation:
- in relation to or in connection with any material or information supplied in respect of advertising on this Website; and
- as a consequence of removing any material or information from this Website.
You will at all times indemnify and keep us indemnified and our respective officers, employees and agents indemnified (Those Indemnified) from and against any loss (including legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred by any of Those Indemnified arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against any of Those Indemnified where such loss or liability arose out of, in connection with or in respect of:
- any breach of these Terms of Access & Use by you; and
- publication of or distribution of the material or information supplied by you.
2.6 Novation and assignment
You are not entitled to assign, novate or transfer any or all of your rights and obligations under these Terms of Access & Use without our prior written approval. We are entitled to assign, novate and transfer all of, or part of, our rights and obligations under these Terms of Access & Use to any person to which we transfer all or part of our business, or otherwise as part of a re-structure by us, and you hereby provide your prior consent for us to do so.